Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What in the world?

We just had a 5.4 earthquake. One of the reasons I love California. I am thinking the workday will pick up a little! You can read about it here:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/29/earthquake.ca/index.html

I work on the second floor of my building and we were moving quite a bit for a couple of seconds. I even got a bit seasick, or perhaps earthquake-sick?! It has been a while since I have felt an earthquake and it was as much fun as I remembered! Luckily no one was hurt and there was only minor damage at the epicenter down near LA.

I have heard people say that they would rather deal with tornadoes or hurricanes as opposed to earthquakes. I strongly disagree. It feels like you are sitting or standing on a water bed for a couple of seconds and then it is over. Plus I think Dorthy would agree with me that tornadoes are no fun.

Any friends from other states want to come visit?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Whoa! Was there any damage? I know that's not huge, but still, kinda crazy!

Holly Moore said...

I was told that sometimes earthquakes like that are precursors for bigger ones in the next 24 hours. Lets keep our fingers crossed that that was an isolated quake. Ahh!!

Gena Susan said...

Hah, I didn't even get to feel it. For some reason...the house I was in...I was bummed! :)